Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Year-End Blogger Accomplishment and Appreciation Report

Hello blog followers and readers! First and foremost, I would like to thank each and every one of you for sticking up with my little blog baby for the past year. This has been one crazy year for me, both in my bookish life and my personal life. There had been a lot of ups and downs, but I managed to make it to the end of the year. Hurray!!!

One of the most significant part of 2013 for me was finally having the courage to officially start a book blog. I have been wanting to put up a blog since the moment I knew book blogs existed, but I just had a lot of doubts with myself and you know, the usual "I don't know if I can do it" thoughts. I tried to overcome them, note: tried. Even though I have already been blogging, I'm still doubtful.

Anyway, what happened this 2013?

Everyone in the blogoshpere knows of the annual Goodreads reading challenge, right? Well, I just completed mine! Hurray! I have read a total of 77 books this year, and still finishing one more before the day ends. I hope you have completed yours, too!

I have also hosted the very first giveaway on the blog this December 2013. Thank you to the authors who helped and to all who participated. You don't know how much that means to me.

I have also received a few review requests from authors this year. It's always a surprise to find an email from an author wanting you to read and review his/her book. I still can't believe it's real. So to those people, thank you for trusting me with your works.

To all the bloggers I have talked to, to all who I have asked and answered patiently, thank you for your time and help. I wouldn't be here without your help.

Also, you may have noticed some weeks or months without any blog activity. As you probably know, I am a busy college student, and sometimes, we are just bombarded with tons of school work. That is why  I cannot post anything on those days. Thank you very much for understanding. Love ya guys!


My reading info, progress, stats this 2013:

-- Goodreads 2013 Reading Challenge complete (77 books over 75 targeted read)
-- trying to finish Champion by Marie Lu before the last day of the year ends
-- failed to read Clockwork Princess this year. (I'm sorry TID fandom, I just can't seem to say goodbye to the characters. I really wanted to. Maybe next year.)
-- started and finished the whole Vampire Academy series (Yeah! I'm so proud of this!)
-- 16 books out of the 77 I read were New Adult
-- I haven't read a lot of books from Debut Authors this year
-- disappointed with my 2013 contemporary reads

-- book series that I really liked/loved that ended this year:
Delirium trilogy (completed)
Legend trilogy (3rd book, on the process of completion)
The Infernal Devices (still need to read the last book)
Divergent trilogy (completed)
Heist Society (completed)
The Gallagher Girls series (completed)
-- some YA book series I started this year:
Vampire Academy series (6 books completed)
Bloodlines series (3 books completed)
Legend trilogy (3rd book, on the process of completion)
The Sweet Trilogy (1 book completed)
The Lynburn Legacy (1 book completed)
Unearthly trilogy (1 book completed)
Lux series (3 books completed)
Gemma Doyle trilogy (1 book completed)
The Syrena Lagacy (2 books completed)
Shatter Me trilogy (1 book completed)
 --  books I did not finish this year, and will try to read some other time:
Warm Bodies
Daughter of Smoke and Bones
Ctrl Z
Carnival of Souls
  -- books I read in 2103 that almost every one loved except for me:
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
How To Love by Katie Cotugno
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie Mcguire
-- FAVORITE READS IN 2013: I should have made a separate post for this, but I didn't. Hahahahah! These are either great books or just notable for extreme cuteness, humor or romance.
JELLICOE ROAD by Melina Marchetta (intense!)
UNITED WE SPY by Ally Carter (awwww.. graduation)
PERFECT SCOUNDRELS by Ally Carter (Hale!!!)
DOUBLE CROSSED by Ally Carter (awesome cross-over!)
SCARLET by Marissa Meyer
AMERICAN GIRL ON SATURN by Nikki Godwin
LOSING IT by Cora Carmack
FAKING IT by Cora Carmack
THE GOLDEN LILY by Richelle Mead
LEGEND by Marie Lu
FLIPPED by Wendelin Van Draanen 
-- FAVORITE BOOK BOYFRIENDS OF 2013
-- BOOKS I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO IN 2014

That's it! My bookish life in 2013.
This is it! My last post in 2013!
Hope you all had a wonderful year!
More awesomeness to come in 2014, hopefully!
FAREWELL 2013!!!

1 comment:

  1. Woah girl! You got a lot done!!! This is my first year seriously blogging and might I say..can I just live in the bloggy book world forever? Happy new year!
    Happy reading
    Jackie
    http://nobentspines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...