Tuesday, May 14, 2013

COVER CRAZY: Kinslayer (The Lotus War #2)

One of the books I have read last year that had a slightly different taste from the other books I have read was Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff. Though I admit that it took me a while to finish the book, I'm still glad to say that I liked it. It is refreshing -- something good and action-packed without vampires, werewolves or witches; something not set in America or in Europe; something that touches another culture and their beliefs. It was a very worthwhile read.

Now, what was really the first thing that made me pick up the book?
THE COVER! I love the US cover of Stormadancer. It is so awesome, so cool, so kick ass, so good  to look at. I swear, I just love that cover. I even set is as my mobile phone and desktop wallpaper for a few weeks. The UK cover was not that eye-catching, though.

You be the judge... Which is better? The US cover (left) or the UK cover (right)?
(Click the images to read the synopsis)


But now on to some more exciting news... KINSLAYER's cover, the second book from the series (not sure if this is a series or a trilogy or what), has now been revealed! And I love it! It looks like it came straight out of Japan, like some sort of Manga. Yukiko still looks as cool as ever with her tattoos while holding her katana (Is that correct? Sorry, I'm not sure).
Her calmness and control from the cover of the first book is all gone, replaced by this fierce fighter. In fact, she looks like she's ready to attack and she's scary. The whole look of the cover is just so amazing. I can't even describe how I badly want to display this on my shelf.


From Panmacmillan:

The second novel from Jay Kristoff, author of Stormdancer

A SHATTERED EMPIRE
Shōgun Yoritomo has been assassinated by the Stormdancer Yukiko, and the threat of civil war looms over the Shima Imperium. The Lotus Guild conspires to renew the nation’s broken dynasty and crush the growing rebellion by endorsing a new Shōgun who desires nothing more than to see Yukiko dead.

A DARK LEGACY
Yukiko and the mighty thunder tiger Buruu have been cast in the role of heroes by the Kagé rebellion. But Yukiko herself is blinded by rage over her father’s death, and her ability to hear the thoughts of beasts. Along with Buruu, Yukiko’s anchor is Kin, the rebel Guildsman who helped her escape from Yoritomo’s clutches.

A GATHERING STORM
Kagé assassins lurk within the Shōgun’s palace, plotting to end the new dynasty before it begins. A new enemy gathers its strength, readying to push the fracturing Shima imperium into a war it cannot hope to survive. And across raging oceans, Yukiko and Buruu will face foes no katana or talon can defeat. The ghosts of a blood-stained past.

Oh! By the way, here's the UK cover of Kinslayer. I don't really have much to say to this. The US cover is still better. Let's leave it to that.



What do you think of the cover? Good? Bad? Thoughts? Feel free to comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...