Sunday, December 23, 2012

BOOK BLURB: Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits #1)


Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Goodreads Summary:

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.


***

Date Read: August 6, 2012

Pushing the Limits wasn't what I expected it to be. I thought I wouldn't like it that much, but oh boy!! Was I mistaken. I didn't see that coming.

The story revolves around the lives of Noah and Echo (strange name but you'll get used to it and eventually, you'll start to like it), told in alternating point of views. Both of them have messed up family and social lives. Both of them experienced loss and grief. Both of them never expected fate to bring them together in one of their roughest times. That even though they are somehow worlds apart, they managed to reach out to one another and touch each other's lives.

My blurb!!! I really don't  know what to say. The book kept me reading 'til after midnight (that's one good sign) and I really did like it. I love the Romeo/Juliet thing going on. I love the characters as well especially Noah. Hahahahaha.. (yeah!! bad boy but really nice and sweet inside... my favorite)

So, all in all, 4 starssssss :) Thanks Ms. McGarry.

View all my reviews


teepee J

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...