Monday, December 24, 2012

BOOK BLURB: Every Day


Every DayEvery Day by David Levithan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Goodreads Summary:

In his New York Times bestselling novel, David Levithan introduces readers to what Entertainment Weekly calls a "wise, wildly unique" love story about A, a teen who wakes up every morning in a different body, living a different life.

Every day a different body. Every day a different life. Every day in love with the same girl. 

There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.

It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day.

With his new novel, David Levithan, bestselling co-author of Will Grayson, Will Grayson, and Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, has pushed himself to new creative heights. He has written a captivating story that will fascinate readers as they begin to comprehend the complexities of life and love in A’s world, as A and Rhiannon seek to discover if you can truly love someone who is destined to change every day.


***

Date Read: September 29, 2012

Can I just say that I am extremely distraught after reading Every Day? Not in a bad way, of course. Wow! I cannot express clearly how I feel about A after that ending, which was beautiful but was heart-breaking at the same time.

I'll start with the ending... I find the ending very satisfying and beautiful, relationship-wise. I didn't know how their relationship would play out eventually. I didn't know how they would resolve their issues, but the ending David Levithan gave was enough for me to feel content with the story. Even though I still had some questions about A, I guess I the book made me believe that some questions are better off unanswered. :) Some people might not like the ending that much, but I really did. If I you're the kind of person who easily tears up, you'll probably be crying after reading this. And to the very admirable A, I salute you!

What I also like about the book was how insightful it was. It gave me glimpses of the lives of different people with different personal issues. That's one of the things that kept me going. I was curious who's the next person to be inhabited by A.

Now, as much as I want to say I love every moment of the book, I can't. Because I didn't. At first, I had issues with A's feelings and personality. But that went away after a few chapters. I was also struggling a bit with the first few chapters because I can't seem to get into my reading mode (I guess that's just me, not the book. Hahahaha...)

Amazing book! Recommended to everyone. :D


View all my reviews



teepee J

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...