Monday, December 24, 2012

BOOK BLURB: Before I Fall

Before I FallBefore I Fall by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Goodreads Summary:

What if you only had one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?

Samantha Kingston has it all: looks, popularity, the perfect boyfriend. Friday, February 12, should be just another day in her charmed life. Instead, it turns out to be her last.

The catch: Samantha still wakes up the next morning. Living the last day of her life seven times during one miraculous week, she will untangle the mystery surrounding her death--and discover the true value of everything she is in danger of losing.

***

Date Read: September 10, 2012

Sam Kingston and her friends are the popular girls in school and they get away with most of the things they do. They skip classes, make fun of people, etc... the usual bitchy stuff. Yes, they are definitely annoying and frustrating to the point that you'd want to hit each one of them on their heads. But when Sam dies one night and wakes up on the same day for the next seven days, she eventually gets a better look of everything around her.

Simple words cannot describe how I feel about this book. If you have ever read any of my rants about books, I usually say that a great book makes you feel a lot of things. And yes, I felt so many different emotions while reading Before I Fall. I felt annoyed, a little disgusted, pity, sorrow, and a bit of thrill. It made me furious at some point, but eventually, it touched my heart and I know it will leave a mark there. But most of all, I felt the love - the love for family, the love for friends and finding the love from someone who's really worth it.

The story, I think, is realistic (or atleast close to reality). I really find the idea of waking up for seven days on the last day of your life intriguing (not really the word I'm aiming for). Somehow, it makes you think of the possibility of that idea. What if that's how death or dying really works out? You repeat your last day over and over again until realization and acceptance hits you. Generally, it's not a depressing story about life and death (which I thought it was before). For me, I guess it's about  how you come to see yourself through others. It's hard to explain, but I guess that's how a great book leaves you - at a loss for words. :)

Before I end this simple pseudo-review, I just need to say that I love Kent! *I don't know if the succeeding sentences will count as a spoiler. Please just read with caution. Hahahaha...* He is such a wonderful guy and I kinda hate Sam for ignoring him all those years. But atleast her real senses came back and she finally sees Kent for the first time in years. I always get those tingles in my stomach when Kent and Sam have their moments. Awww...:)

There! So much love for Before I Fall. I felt satified with everything. It started and ended just right. FIVE MAGNIFICENT STARS! :)

*By the way, I love the seventh day! :)

View all my reviews


teepee J

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...